As BER Auditors on behalf of SEAI since 2010, we at BaltEco are experts on Part L Compliance and Building Energy Rating (BER), ensuring you get it right first time in the most cost effective way.
All new dwellings must now comply with Part L of the Building Regulations 2011, which deals with the Conservation of Fuel and Energy. There are many different approaches to compliance but all requires a combination of Heating system choices, Insulation and Ventilation measures as well as Renewable energy Technologies. A computer program called DEAP, developed by the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) to generate BERs, is used to demonstrate Part L compliance. Starting compliance checking as early as possible in the design process is recommended, to eliminate later problems, reduce cost and complexity, and ensure optimal design. Evidence of compliance must be submitted with the commencement notice (DEAP XML), under the Building Control Amendment Regulation (BCAR or SI. 9 of 2014).
As fully independent DEAP and BER experts, we offer accurate and impartial advice to help select the most cost effective approach to compliance with Part L, balancing the up-front costs with the long term benefits of a more energy efficient building. We also have deep sectoral knowledge of building services and renewable energy technologies, to ensure the best results. We offer a range of options to suit larger developments or individual homes, from a full turn-key design and construction oversight solution to partial input to the specification, as required.
Customised fit for homeowner, developer or architect which may include any combination of:
- Calculation of heat loss and heat source options (Boiler, biomass, heat pump etc.).
- Selection of renewable energy technologies and energy conservation measures.
- U-value calculation of Building fabric.
- Preparation of Renewable energy and Building services specification for tender,
- Preparation of DEAP XML for submission with commencement notice
- Technical Oversight services during construction (review of alternatives, site supervision)
- Ancilliary Certification (in assistance to the Assigned Certifier on what inspections and documentation is required for the Final BER.
Only NSAI registered air tightness testers and thermal modellers are used.